We here at Idahistory love archives, whether present among the stacks of collected materials, or working online with digitized archival materials, we love research. We have researched chains of ownership for property owners, investigated the histories of various businesses that once existed on specific parcels of land, and studied the history of the Boise River and its impact on the development of the Boise Valley for area schools. Jeff and I write everyday, and have created school curriculums and written various articles, website content, publications, and more. If you have historical inquiries, our dogged practices will produce results.
Praise from Idahistory Customers:
Erica Hermsen - Director of Everwild Forest School:
"Idahistory created an in-depth and developmentally appropriate local history unit for our students, with a focus on the anthropological use of the Boise River - from traditional Native American societies through the Industrial Revolution and modern age. EverWild Forest School students now have the unique opportunity to learn about their local and natural communities through direct engagement and historically accurate education programming."
Tammy Gusman - Genealogy Customer:
"Had these guys research family info and about the house my Dad grew up in. And the history on the house my husband and I own. Great info much of the family info I did not know. Well worth the cost!!!"
- Iverson, Mark. "Above and Beyond: Black Troops’ Service in the Coeur d’ Alenes." Ed. Jill Gill. Boise, Idaho, Boise State University, 2013.
- Iverson, Mark. "Mass Rape in Foča: The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia vs. Dragoljub Kunarac," Graduate thesis (Boise State University,
- Iverson, Mark. "When Cruelty in Left Unchecked." In The Spiral of Injustice – When Humanity Devolves, edited by Dan Prinzing, 33-41. Boise, Idaho, Wassmuth Center for
Human Rights, 2016.
- Iverson, Mark. "The Srebrenica Genocide: No One Group is Immune." In The Spiral of Injustice: Words Have Weight, edited by Dan Prinzing, 27-34. Boise, Idaho, Wassmuth Center for Human Rights, 2016.
- Research in the Senator Frank Church Collection, Boise State University Special Collections and Archives - Research on Behalf of Professor Kavita Sivaramakrishnan looking into Senator Frank Church's committee on geriatric rights and ageing, Columbia University History Department, 2013.
- Armenian Genocide Project - Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial Outdoor Classroom Memorial, Boise, Idaho. Wassmuth Center for Human Rights, 2014.
- Boise Refugee Video & Oral History Project - Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial Outdoor Classroom Memorial, Boise, Idaho. Wassmuth Center For Human Rights, 2015.
- Research in the Senator Frank Church Collection, Boise State University Special Collections and Archives - Research for Dr. Susan Williams looking into Senator Fran Church's committee investigating CIA abuses of power in 1960s Central Africa, University of London, 2019.
- Research into commerce on the Upper Missouri River between Euromerican fur traders and the regional tribes - Research done on Behalf of Steven's Historical Research Associates of Boise, Idaho, 2019.
- Project to identify and obtain various articles pertaining to potash extraction and processing - Research on behalf of Stevens Historical Research Associates of Boise, Idaho, 2019.
- Research on the origins of Eagle, Idaho in order to develop and presentation for the Eagle Public Library - on behalf of the Eagle Museum of History and Preservation of Eagle, Idaho, 2020.
- Studied the history of human interaction with, and use of, the Boise River from prehistory to present in order to develop a history curriculum for the EverWild Forest School of Eagle, Idaho, 2021.
Get a Quote
Send us your name and email, and we will get in touch